By Satoshi Omura
Macrolide Antibiotics: Chemistry, Biochemistry, and perform, moment version explores the invention of recent macrolide antibiotics, their functionality, and their medical use in ailments equivalent to melanoma, AIDS, cystic fibrosis and pneumonia. This booklet discusses the construction of artificial macrolides and the mechanisms of antibiotic job. The makes use of for antimicrobial macrolides in scientific perform also are coated. This ebook is designed to attract either the fundamental and utilized examine groups drawn to microbiology, bacteriology, and antibiotic/antifungal examine and treament.
Read Online or Download Macrolide Antibiotics: Chemistry, Biology, and Practice, 2nd Edition PDF
Best chemistry books
The quantity is a set of twenty-two chapters written through major specialists and energetic researchers within the box targeting a number of features of carbocation and onium ion chemistry. those comprise strong ion NMR reviews, solvolytic and kinetic reviews, computational paintings, and synthetic/preparative elements.
2 Vol. three: Hormones, Psychology and behaviour (1952). a variety of pursuits was once lined in admire to the effect of glucocorticoids on behavioral responses, in addition to to the glucocorticoid prestige in numerous behavioral states and problems. Vol. four: Anterior Pituitary Secretion and Hormonal effect in Water Metab olism (1952).
- Modern Arene Chemistry: Concepts, Synthesis, and Applications
- Chemistry and Physics of Solid Surfaces VIII
- Atomic and Nuclear Chemistry: Atomic Theory and Structure of the Atom
- Lectures on Hilbert scheme of points on surfaces (draft, AMS 1999)
- Zeolites-Type Crystal Structures and Their Chemistry
- Medicinal Chemistry Advances: Proceedings of the Seventh International Symposium on Medicinal Chemistry, Torremolinos, Spain 2 - 5 September 1980
Additional info for Macrolide Antibiotics: Chemistry, Biology, and Practice, 2nd Edition
It showed potent and selective inhibitory activity toward mammalian mitochondrial respiratory chain complex I. Salvifoliolide (122) is a 9-membered ring macrolide produced by Trichogonia sp. . Its skeleton may be derived from sesquiterpene. Lasiodiplodin (123) is a 12-membered ring macrolide isolated from Euphorbia splendens . It showed a potent antileukemic activity. Some simple monolactones produced by plants have good flavor such as musky odor, and some are contained in essential oils and used as perfume [ 153].
Kim, Y. , and Seto, H. (1991). Isolation and structural elucidation of sekothrixide, a new macrolide effective to overcome drug-resistance of cancer cell. J. Antibiot. 44, 1280-1282. 24. , and Imoto, M. (2001). Migrastatin, a novel 14-membered ring macrolide, inhibits anchorage-independent growth of human small cell lung carcinoma Ms-1 cells. J. Antibiot. 54, 1104-1107. 25. , and Ito, S. (1953). Leucomycin, a new antibiotic. J. Antibiot. Ser. A 6, 87-89. 26. Burg, R. , Miller, B. , Baker, E. , Currie, S.
96. Bollag, D. , McQueney, P. , and Woods, C. M. (1995). Epothilones, a new class of microtubule-stabilizing agents with a taxol-like mechanism of action. Cancer Res. 55, 2325-2333. 97. , and Hoefle, G. (1993). Antibiotics from gliding bacteria. LIV. Isolation and structure elucidation of soraphen AI~, a novel antifungal macrolide from Sorangium cellulosum. Liebigs Ann. Chem. 1017-1021. 98. Vahlensieck, H. , and Hinnen, A. (1994). Identification of the yeast ACC1 gene product (acetyl-CoA carboxylase) as the target of the polyketide fungicide soraphen A.